søndag 22. februar 2015

#5 / 2015: Otto mittens

It's Sunday, which seems to be the Great FO Day, and I finally finished the Otto mittens for my boyfriend yesterday. Today they were dry. I guess being ill helped - I finally left the house today for a short walk and now I'm exhausted!

I feel lucky that he agreed to model the mittens, too.


otto4

Knitting for my boyfriend is definitely something I enjoy, and I have slowly introduced more knitted items to him. Of course, they have to be functional. I think I started with the scarf he is wearing in this photo, a bit over a year ago. Then a hat, and another hat... a pair of socks.. and now these mittens.


otto5

I like the simple design of these mittens, and I also think it's very effective. I love geometrical designs, moreso than the traditional Norwegian ones, these days. They have the aforementioned Latvian braid and a nice pop of colour by the cuffs.

On our way home the mittens also got to pet a cat.


otto3

It is not often that one gets to take such candid pictures of mittens!

After I finished them yesterday I promptly cast on for another pair, fingerless mitts this time, from the same book, in worsted weight and cables. Yep. I have finished the first one already... more on that later.

All in all, the Otto mittens were a win-win; I was able to use stash yarn and the result was a great success. I have many other stash mittens and mitts planned, too, so maybe this stash will actually shrink a bit... let's hope!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar