fredag 20. februar 2015

WIP Wednesday #3 delayed: Test knitting, university knitting and Latvian braid love

Unfortunately I did not have time to post my WIPs this Wednesday. Today I'm at home being sick and feeling sorry for myself, so I have used the opportunity and daylight to take some pictures and give a little WIP update.

I finished one sweater, so I swiftly started a new one. This is not a stranded sweater, it is a single-colour henley pullover. I am doing a test knit on ravelry, the pullover winter song by MonaLykaina. I need more simple and casual sweaters in my wardrobe, and I often feel like I choose patterns with too many design elements, or at least I have in the past. And while I love straned Norwegian sweaters, a lot, I can't have a sweater wardrobe only consisting of them. 

The yarn is from Hillesvåg, a sport weight with good meterage.  The colour is an example of Don't Trust Your Monitor, as I ordered this online. I wouldn't have chosen this green if I had seen it "live", but I like it enough to go with it. I'm just not crazy about it... Objectively, though, this is a colour that probably will go well with my colouring, but I would have liked it a little lighter. I'm sure it will be fine, though; and I already sent back five skeins  (that is 500 grams)  of yarn in a colour I was unhappy with. Hopefully I will be happy with the colour I chose now. 

No denying it, though, the colour Moss Green is a pretty green and it looks differently in different lights. 


wintersong_bol
Here is one representation of the colour...


wintersong_garn
And here is another!

I like this version better...

As you can see, there is a lot of stockinette in the body of this sweater, so I guess it will be quite uninteresting for a while, until I get to the yoke.

That brings me to the next project... the mittens which I'm still working on.


otto_votter1

Yes, I have had a littke knitting photo shoot in my window sill.

These mittens are slow going because I am only knitting on them while I am at university. I haven't been at many lectures lately, but I have been working a lot on developing a good system for analysing a compound, and it is taking a LOT of time, and it produces quite a bit of down time. Combine that with low energy levels due to a beginning cold and I had a good excuse to do some knitting. So hooray - I'm over halfway with mitten number two!


otto_latviskefletter

And let me just say, I am in love with the look of the Latvian braid. I actually didn't know of it until a few months ago, but it's just great for the bottom of mittens with this kind of cuff (that is, no ribbing). It is absolutely lovely, and a total pain to knit. The result is worth it, though.

I think I am going to make an effort to finish these mittens soon. I want to start a new project...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar