søndag 15. februar 2015

#4 / 2015: The Medalje Sweater

medalje5

Well - I'm done, finally. Since I have already written a lot about this sweater, I will keep it short.

I love the finished result. In the end, I opted for wooden buttons instead of tin buttons, and I think it works well with this slightly modernised version of the sweater. The fit is a bit slimmer than it should have been, as I knit the 100 cm size, but I had some problems getting the gauge of 27 sts/10 cm even with thicker needles. A truer gauge is probably around 28 sts/10 cm.

The finishing and button bands were not my favourite with this sweater. It is quite long, and I felt like I worked on the button bands forever! It was actually so annoying that I thought that my next project will definitely be a pullover (and it is time for a pullover, to be honest)!


medalje6

I am very happy with the yarn, it makes for a soft, bouncy not too thick sweater. I think the colours are beautiful and it can be worn with different types of clothes. I like that the fit ended up a bit slimmer, too.

The construction of the sweater with the raglan sleeves is also excellent, and I have a feeling I might adapt sweaters with steeked sleeves to raglan sweaters in the future. Anything to keep the cutting in knitting to a minimum..!


medalje4

All in all, I am very happy with my new sweater and I'm happily wearing it right now.

And guess what - my next pullover will not be in stranded knitting! So stay tuned.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar